Some comments on Knight Rider 2008
At the moment, I still haven’t seen the pilot episode.
What I have seen though, are the short previews on Youtube.
You can see one of them here
After reading more than 200 comments all over the Web, what I can sum up is :
- A Pontiac would have been preferred compared to a Ford
- KITT’s voice sounded more like that of KARR (gangster like & arrogant)
- KITT has lost his overall personality/wit which, the most important characteristic which made him more ‘human’
- The original series touched the hearts of millions worldwide due to what you see is what you get (real life excluding all the CGI such as some action as portrayed in the VIPER series)
- Super pursuit mode is still preferred as something mechanical and not just a ‘morphed’ screen effect
- Some are even bold enough to comment that ‘This is NOT Transformers !!!”
- Using a Mustang for KITT is just like using a Ferrari for ‘Herbie’
- KITTs original dash should have been modified and not completely wiped out as what they did now
- What happened to all the digital gauges??
- The 2 min intro should have used Val Kilmer’s voice & the guy who introduced the show swapped for KITT
- There was not a single turbo boost scene in the pilot movie
- There’s a lack of continuity